- Between 60-70% of US students become chronically disengaged from school during 7th or 8th grade
- 68% of students who drop out of school do so in 9th grade, or after repeating 9th grade
National Mentoring Summit, an incredible opportunity to connect with mentoring colleagues and share best practices! It was founded and convened by MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership, and is the signature event for the mentoring field that brings together approximately 1,000 top researchers, policy makers, practitioners, the network of affiliate Mentoring Partnerships, corporate partners and many other national youth-serving organizations.
- Listen to the mentee to gain an understanding of how to tailor their mentorship experience
- Apply mentee areas of interest to project-based, hands-on learning
- Educate mentors about the “middle school mind” and successful strategies for working with this age group
- Structure mentor and mentee meetings around skill-building activities
- Use the present to explore the future, including youth aspirations around future education and career goals